Your questions answered
How does the ZuCar website work?
Using the Hold Me functionality, you can ensure that the car you like is kept on hold until 12pm the following day. When you select Hold Me, one of our ZuGuides will contact you. There is no charge for this.
We will move any ZuCar closer to you. By selecting the Move Me button, you can move the car to one of our other Experience Centres in Cork, Dublin or Limerick. Our Move Me service requires a non-refundable €99 deposit, which is taken off the total cost of the car upon purchase.
The Buy Me feature allows you to transact fully online. You can pay for the car using a Visa card, Master card or Mastro card.
When buying online you can add Protection Packages to make sure you car is well looked after and stays looking its best.
Why Sell Your Car to ZuCar
- We guarantee that we’ll make a cash offer in writing on your car regardless of age, model, mileage or condition and we will hold that offer to buy for five days irrespective of you buying one of our cars.
- At ZuCar we provide you no-hassle offer irrespective of buying a car from us, this enables you to buy the car that suits you without worrying about the part exchange valuation, and you can accurately compare what you are paying for the car you are considering buying.
- While selling the car through a private sale might be an option for some guests, it can be an uncertain process in relation to how much you will receive, how long it will take to sell and the experience of inviting people to your home to buy a used car can have its challenges
- ZuCar will make payment directly into your bank account generally the same day assuming the banks are open!
- We offer a quick and hassle-free transparent process via our ZuCar store or online at ZuCar.ie
- At the end of the process, you will be provided in writing with a fair market price cash offer that we will hold for five days from our ZuCar buying team on your car subject to final inspection together with the correct documentation being provided
ZuCar will make you an offer for your car irrespective of you buying one of our cars. There are two options available to get an offer for your vehicle.
Visit our store
Visit one of our ZuCar stores, and we will conduct a fast, free, no-obligation valuation. A member of our team will look over your vehicle, take photographs of the car recording the mileage, mechanical and exterior condition of the vehicle, including the depths of the tyre. The valuation generally takes approximately 30 minutes, and you will be provided with a printed cash offer in writing for your car valid for five days
You can log on to ZuCar.ie on your smartphone and complete the process on our website using our online appraisal system. This process is very straightforward and takes approximately ten minutes; it involves you taking six pictures of your car using your Android or Apple phone and answering a few questions on the mileage, condition and service history of your vehicle. We will then respond to you in writing within 1 hour during store opening hours with an offer which is subject to inspection at our store
The valuations are based on the age, condition, mileage and current market value of the vehicle we will make you an offer irrespective of you buying one of our cars in writing that’s valid for five days, giving you time to think it over.
- The Car's registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us)
- The Car's service history (if any);
- The Car's NCT certificate (if any); and
- The Car's user manuals (if any)
There are a few items that you will need if you are selling or part-exchanging a car to ZuCar, and we cannot agree to purchase the vehicle without these.
- A valid and current vehicle registration document. This is to confirm ownership
- A valid NCT test and all service history applicable to the vehicle
- A valid photo ID and Passport
- All Keys and remotes applicable to the car if only one key is supplied then a reduction of €150 will be made on all cars
*No final offer to purchase a car will be made without providing this information
If you have outstanding finance on your vehicle, we will contact your finance provider to receive an up to date settlement figure. If your vehicle has had finance and it is now settled, we will need confirmation in writing from the finance company that all outstanding finance has been cleared. If the payment for the finance is more than the offer for the car, the difference is called negative equity, and the difference must be paid to ourselves in advance.
All offers that we make to purchase cars can only be made on our ZuCar App and website. The offer needs to be accepted together with a final inspection and we have received all paperwork, keys ( we will deduct the cost by €150 if only one key is provided) , proof of title, and confirmation that there is no outstanding finance. We will ask you to sign a change of ownership, copy of our purchase agreement to confirm that the car has not been stolen or subject to an insurance or total loss claim, all outstanding taxes has been paid and is your property we will then pay you directly in to your bank account or offset the payment if you are buying a car from ZuCar.
The ZuCar buying team have extensive partnerships to buy the best-used stock cars available in the market with Ireland's largest car dealership groups and financial institutions, and our purchase power allows us to buy used stock in volume and pass on the great savings to our guests. At ZuCar We have a no-haggling policy to offer the same low prices to everyone and believe all our customers should enjoy the same great prices. All cars are price checked regularly to ensure we stay competitive to give you a great deal.
Buying a Car
Due to our unique business model, the cars are already priced at our most competitive price. We have a no-haggling policy to offer the same low prices to everyone and believe all our guests should enjoy the same great prices, whether they are good at haggling or not. We review our prices daily and have a team who specialise in this area to ensure that our vehicles are competitive.
Of course! Please arrange a viewing by calling us on 01 255 1221 (refer to the contact page for our opening times). Keep in mind that the deposit is fully refundable, so if you have found a car you like, reserve it online to make sure that somebody else doesn't snap it up first.
All our cars have a 5 Day no-quibble money-back guarantee and a 30-Day Exchange Policy. If you are not satisfied with your car, you can return it up to 5 days after picking up or delivery for a refund or within 30 days for a swap to another vehicle of the same price. T&C’s apply.
Payments by debit or credit card for our deposit €500 do not incur a fee, any payment over the €500 will incur a credit card fee of 2%. ZuCar's preferred payment method is via bank transfer, debit card or ZuCar Finance to pay for your vehicle.
Apply for ZuCar Finance at our store or online at ZuCar.ie.
- Complete your finance application in 5 minutes, and we will give you a decision generally within a couple of hours, immediately, or if we need additional information, it can take up to 48 hours. You can select the term and deposit on our online calculator or in our store to generate the right customised quote for you.
- You can make your payment to ZuCar using the following payment methods. We charge fees for certain payment methods according to the associated costs. There are four free payment methods - Debit card, credit card, bankers draft and Bank transfers (EFT).
We can accept cash payments only up to €2,000 in the store. Should you wish to utilise more than €2,000, you will be required to come along to our bank to deposit the monies in person.
Reserving a ZuCar
Yes, if you contact us directly and upon payment of a €99 refundable deposit, we will reserve the car in your name for a maximum of 48 hours.